Our Home Inspection Services...
We perform home and termite inspections, radon and lead paint testing for condominiums, townhouses, single and multifamily residences, commercial buildings, investment properties in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex Counties.
Prices are dependent upon several factors, most commonly the type of property (condo, townhome, detached house, etc.); size of property in square feet; age of property, and location.
Our home inspection service is a visual inspection of the structural elements and systems which are accessible. This includes:
- General Information: Persons present during the inspection, approximate age of the structure, construction type and style, weather and soil conditions at the time of inspection, residence type, number of stories, approximate house orientation (direction the house faces) and a general lot description.
- Grounds: Grade relative to drainage, yard drains, walks, driveways, landscaping, patio/slabs, outside lighting, dangerous trees or limbs, fences and gates, outside faucets and retaining walls.
- Exterior: Siding, shutters, trim rot, paint and caulking, fascia, soffit, eaves, porch, porch rails, stoop, stoop rails, deck, deck rails, doors, sliding doors, garage, garage door openers and windows.
- Roof: Material type, roof style, flashing and roof penetrations, skylights, gutters, downspouts, splash blocks, rafters and other upper framing elements, ceiling joists, roof decking, water penetration, whole house fan, ventilation, insulation and attic access.
- Fireplace: General condition, gas logs, damper, chimney condition and flue liner.
Foundation - Basement: Accessible areas, moisture penetration, piers, foundation walls, floor joists, sills, girders, sub floor, slabs, and insulation.
- Foundation - Crawlspace: Accessible areas, moisture penetration, sump pump, vapor barrier, piers, foundation walls, floor joists, sills, girders, sub floor, ventilation and insulation.
- Foundation Slab: General condition of viewable components, cracks and signs of settling.
- Electrical: Service entrance, service wires (size and types), grounding equipment, main panel, sub panels, over current protection, ground fault protection, 110 volts and 220 volt circuits, receptacles, light fixtures, switches and safety concerns.
- Heating: Unit manufacturer, model number, serial number, location, measuring air temperature rise, general condition, heating unit description, energy source, system type, total capacity relative to area served and approximate age.
- Cooling: Unit manufacturer, model number, serial number, location, measuring air temperature drop, general condition, cooling unit description, energy source, total capacity relative to area served and approximate age.
- Plumbing: Water supply, well pump, water shut offs, water pressure, water pipes, water pipe support, water pipe insulation, water heater, waste water disposal, waste and vent pipes, waste pipe support, plumbing fixtures, laundry connections, dryer exhaust and bath rooms.
- Interior: Rooms, floors, walls, smoke alarms, ceilings, stairs and doors.
- Appliances (permanently installed): Unit manufacturers, dishwasher, disposal, oven and energy source, range and energy source, refrigerator, trash compactor and microwave.
We highly encourage you to accompany the inspector so that you may ask questions and gain a better understanding of the systems in the home. If you have any questions, or are interested in any other services, please contact us so we may discuss your needs.